The sudden force from a car crash can cause serious injuries and throw your spine out of alignment. If you notice mobility loss, stiffness, or pain following a car accident, you have misalignment or inflammation that is preventing your body from healing properly. In such a case, visiting Dalton Chiropractic for your auto injury assessment should be your first step towards recovery.
When to Seek Chiropractic Care
Whiplash is the most common auto accident injury that necessitates chiropractic care. However, if you experience any neck or back pains that limit your range of motion, it's necessary to seek our chiropractic services. Other common symptoms you'll experience after an accident include:
- Mild to severe pain in your hips and shoulder
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasms
Remember that some symptoms may not be directly linked to your injuries but still require chiropractic care, like excessive fatigue and mental confusion.
Your First Chiropractic Visit After a Car Accident
You should expect your first visit to our chiropractic center to last about one hour. Our chiropractor will begin by asking you about your symptoms and medical history. Some information you should share include:
- The medication you are currently taking
- Past injuries
- Alcohol or drug use
- Lifestyle habits like sleep, diet, and exercise
Once we have your medical history, we will perform a physical examination that entails moving your joints, feeling your spine, and watching how you walk. We will also test your range of motion, reflexes, muscle strength and, if necessary, check your blood pressure and order x-rays. Our chiropractor may also instruct you in corrective exercises to strengthen your body and enhance the benefits of chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care for Auto Accident Injury Recovery
Your chiropractic care plan for auto accident injury treatment may include:
- Spinal Manipulation: Our chiropractor will perform gentle targeted spinal adjustments to restore your body’s natural alignment. This improves your strength and posture while also relieving your back and neck pain.
- Massage Therapy: Following a motor vehicle accident, your muscles can be a major source of pain. Massage therapy will reduce inflammation and improve circulation to injured tissues. This will relieve your pain, restore your range of motion, and enhance your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Contact Our Chiropractor for Auto Accident Injury Treatment in Fremont, NE, and North Bend, NE
If you have recently been involved in an auto accident in Fremont, NE, or North Bend, NE, contact Dalton Chiropractic today. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us today or schedule an appointment online.